And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; as it is written, “He scattered abroad, he gave to the poor, His righteousness endures forever.” Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God. 2 Corinthians 9:8-12 (NASB)
Do you believe the truth of these verses?
- God is able to make all grace abound to you. He wants you to impact your life with every aspect of His grace.
- You will always have all sufficiency in everything.
- You will have an abundance for every good deed.
- He will supply and multiply your seed for sowing.
- He will increase the harvest of your righteousness.
- You will be enriched in everything for all liberality.
- This will result in thanksgiving to God.
The literal Greek expression is ‘in all things always, all’ (panti pantote pasan) or ‘in everything always all self-sufficiency’. God is able to give all grace, all sufficiency, for all things, for every good work. Do not settle for the limitations of some when God is offering you all. Notice that it is for every good work. It is not for carnal indulgence. It is not for subsidising our luxuries or for hoarding. It is for enriching others and supplying the needs of the saints.
There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered. Proverbs 11:24-25 (NASB)
May we live as faithful stewards bringing thanksgiving and glory to God. He is the Giver of every good and perfect gift.